Knowing of no curl-like tools that directly leverage the native Windows API, I thought it would be fun to make my own, and throw in quick automatic VirusTotal lookups for downloaded executables, for good measure. And of course, as I hate bloatware with a passion, I wanted to make something really small but with a few unique features. Some time later, nugget was born. :)
- tiny filesize
- file integrity self-check
- batch or interactive mode
- uses native networking libraries only
- uses DEP and ASLR anti-exploit hardening
- no complicated syntax - instant learning curve
- shows MD5 and SHA2 hashes for downloaded files
- automatically quarantines (renames) files deemed risky by VirusTotal!
- EMET - supports SSL certificate pinning rules (for advanced users - tutorial coming soon)
- compatible with all 21st-century Windows versions (yes, even XP!)
cubaguy [plus] labs [at] gmail [dot] com
Use the applications provided here at your own risk. The applications available on this website may not be used for illegal purposes.